« Home | Big brother knows all. » | Last for today » | Mug 2 » | Mug shot. » | The End is Nigh? » | מכתב לשחר » 

יום חמישי, ספטמבר 01, 2005 

Last day on the mighty city of Ramat Gan.

Tonight I plan to move of out of the behemoth of metropolis also known as Ramat Gan.
For the next two months I will spend most of my time in the suburb of Tel Aviv.
How will I miss Bialik square on Friday mornings with its distinctive "Home for the aged" feel where a multitude of Filipinos take out the people in their care out to the sun as if they were plants while they play chess or argue in a mixture of Filipino, English and Hebrew.
Gone will be the 18:30 line for a parking space in the city parking lot next to my house where semi-young women who come to the gym and old men show perplexing abilities in ignoring other people and putting their cars in places God himself never intended as a parking spots.
No more will I visit the "Super Centre" to buy my groceries where everyone knows my face and every product is safely waiting in the same aisle where it was the week before.
New neighbors! How I will miss my next door reseller of miscellaneous goods with his amazing sense of style (no shirt is the latest rage!) and his stories about his time in the military prison.
There is the slight chance I will lose my edge in the mornings though since during the past month I had the benefit of a 7am alarm clock, courtesy of the building being built right beneath my bedroom window.

I leave behind so many good memories which i will sorely miss all in the name of friendship and care for all things that are cats.
In that name i will be living not 20 meters away from Dizingof Street in a fully equipped appartment including its own parking spot (there goes another interaction with my fellow human beings) and many distractions which just might take me away from from my PC..

Ah my PC.. Soon I will disconnect you from your stream of life and put you to sleep. You will wake up at strange place, different speakers, keyboard and mouse will be hooked to you, a new floor will support your weight and cats will sniff your most inner parts and may even nibble on your cables (as a side note - a cat who dies in an attempt to eat my PC is a fair game) but I will be there to calm you down and use you to write tales of my ventures in this new and strange place.